Thomas Pourchot, Ph.D. (Tamohara das) and Mireya Pourchot (Mantrini devi dasi), counselors and educators in the areas of marriage, parenting, and child protection, will be conducting a seminar on child abuse prevention. Both are trained facilitators of the Good-Touch/Bad-Touch abuse prevention program that is used in schools nationwide to arm children with the information needed to identify and respond to child abuse, sexual abuse, sexual harassment and bullying of all types.
They will be conducting a seminar for parents which will include:
- Incidence of child abuse, importance of problem
- Video presentation “Hear Their Cries”
- Types of abuse, signs and symptoms
- Short term and long-term consequences of abuse
- Community role in child protection
- Parents role in child protection
- Prevention programs – Good Touch / Bad Touch
The seminar will be held on Tuesday, November 15th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Bhaktivedanta Academy, 17414 NW 112th Blvd, Alachua, FL. This session is free of charge. Refreshments will be served and childcare is available.
Please register below: